Description:Â Apple Inc said Tuesday that profit rose 90% in its fiscal second quarter as it sold almost 9 million iPhones, easily topping analyst estimates in both profit and sales amid a surge in demand in international markets.
Questions for discussion:
- As an investor with a one year view to the future, what stock value do you see for Apple?
- What level of stock price volatility would you expect to see during this period? Why?
- What investing strategies would you expect to employ in order to take advantage of the stockâ€™s price behavior?
- How would you expect the financial managers at Apple to respond to the current and predicted improvement to sales and profits?
- How will these changes affect cash flows, consideration for mergers and acquisitions and so forth?