Description:Â With financial reform clearing Congress, the Fed has emerged as perhaps the pre-eminent financial regulator, but that could only bring it added blame if things go wrong again. Jon Hilsenrath, Evan Newmark and Kelly Evans discuss. Also, Jennifer Valentino-DeVries discusses Apple’s options ahead of its anticipated press conference on the troubled iPhone-4.
Source: Marketwatch.com â€“ video report
Questions for discussion:Â
- What do you think about the financial reforms legislation that was passed?
- Do you agree with the comment related to the greater focus on the Federal Reserve as the responsible authority for financial crises in the future?
- How different will that responsibility be in comparison to the past?
- Has investor confidence been increased with this legislation?
- As for the story on Apple, do you think the drop in share value is warranted?
- Do you think the problem has significantly affectedÂ Apple’s cash flow?