Description: The currency crisis is merely one symptom of the country’s general aversion to change after the boom-and-bust 1980s.
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the analysis of Japans economic situation.
- What areÂ the historical reasons that explain how this present condition came about.
- Do you agree with the analysis presented and the recommendations for making improvements?
- What else would you advise governments do to help improve the economy?
- What lessons are there here to be learned by other governments and regulators?
- How did international firms respond to the economic conditions in Japan?
- What others strategies are available to financial managers of these firms?
- What strategies are available to the financial managers of firms that only operate in Japan?
Leave a Reply