Description: On yesterday’s earning call, Apple CEO Steve Jobs issued a string of criticisms about Apple’s rivals from Research in Motion and Google to unnamed companies making seven-inch tablets. Plus: what analysts have to say this morning about Apple’s growth overriding concerns. Peter Kafka and Jennifer Valentino-DeVries discuss on Digits.
Source: Marketwatch..comÂ â€“ video report
Questions for discussion:Â
- What were the reasons given that might explain Steve Jobsâ€™ criticisms of competitors?
- What is your understanding of the financial situation at Apple?
- Given financial conditions described, what would you suggest to the firm?
- What is your view of a merger between Apple and Facebook?
- Why would this deal make sense for both parties?
- What does the loss of senior management at Microsoft mean for the firm?