Description: Alcatel Lucent, which has struggled in the wake of its 2006 merger, said Thursday that it had reached a â€œturning pointâ€ after clinching $5.7 billion in deals to build high-speed wireless networks and supply other gear for the biggest mobile operators in the United States and China.
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the key reasons given for the firmâ€™s optimism.
- Do you agree that the firm has reached a â€œturning pointâ€ in operations?
- What is the one key reason for your assessment?
- What does this report suggest about the restructuring process in this industry?
- Would you be a buyer of this firm or any others in this industry?