Description: The nationâ€™s major health insurers are barreling into a third year of record profits, enriched in recent months by a lingering recessionary mind-set among Americans who are postponing or forgoing medical care.
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the financial relationships between health insurers, providers, and clients?
- What is the current situation for the industry?
- How likely is the situation to remain this way?
- Is paying more dividends and raising reserves a good strategy?
- How should financial managers prepare for the change when it comes?