Description:Â John Chambers, chief executive officer of Cisco Systems Inc., discusses the company’s fiscal fourth-quarter profit, strategy and outlook. Profit, excluding some costs, was 40 cents a share, the San Jose, California-based company said yesterday. Analysts on average had predicted 38 cents, according to Bloomberg data. Chambers speaks with Betty Liu and Jon Erlichman on Bloomberg Television’s “In the Loop.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Source: Bloomberg.com – video report
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the opinions presented in this report.
- Do you agree with Jon Erlichman?
- Is the stock performance justified?
- Why is government spending so significant to Cisco?
- Given current deficit, how is government spending likely to change?
- What would you advise investors to do at this time?