Description: Employment at General Motors of Canada Ltd., once the biggest employer by far in the auto sector in Canada with more than 40,000 workers, will fall to about one-fifth that number by next June when it ceases production on one of two assembly lines at its Oshawa, Ont., plant.
Date: June 01, 2012
Questions for Discussions:
- What is the financial condition of GM Canada and the North American auto industry in general?
- What metrics did you consider that are mentioned in the report?
- Which is the most significant?
- What would you advise the company, union members, and government do under the current situation?
- Do you believe there is a race to the bottom of the wage rate?