This article gives the reader a basic primer on how to compare auto insurance policies from different providers. It also gives a method to develop your own scorecard for getting the best buy for the money.
Questions for Discussion
- Why is it important to find out about the financial strength of insurance companies when purchasing insurance? What major sites can one go to do research?
- The article suggests comparing insurance quotes from at least 3 different companies on different policy variables. Why do you think that is important?
- What is meant by coverage limits?
- What major factors does the article suggest in order to make a score card for service and price. Can you think of others?
- Do a search on your current provider and determine which financial strength category does it fall under.
- What is a pro and a con for locking in an insurance rate?
- When reviewing the fine print of your policies, what additional factors should you look for?
- What are some discounts that you can ask for when purchasing an auto policy?