Description: BP is considering reducing its dividends to help quell political uproar against the company. Meanwhile, the U.S. raised estimates of the oil gushing from the crippled Gulf of Mexico well. Monica Langley, Dennis Berman, Evan Newmark and Bruce Orwall discuss. Also, a discussion of Saturday’s World Cup soccer match between England and the U.S.
Source: Marketwatch.com â•¨ video report
Questions for discussion:
How significant is the dividend payment?
- What would you do if you were BP?
- What advice would you give to a BP stockholder?
- Is there an argument for an investor to buy into BP at this time?
- As for the report on gold and treasuries, explain the reasons given for movements in these markets?
- What is your short-term prediction for these investments?