Description:Â Google Inc. cut its taxes by $3.1 billion in the last three years using a technique that moves most of its foreign profits through Ireland and the Netherlands to Bermuda.
Questions for discussion:
- AreÂ Googleâ€™s actions unethical or illegal?Â
- What does this report have to say about the relationships between governments and international businesses?
- Who are the winners and losers in this situation?
- What should the governments and businesses involved do?
- How does this situation affect investors?
- Do you think the US government will go after the tax revenues missed through international structuring or do you think this is considered acceptable by government?
- What are the arguments for allowing Google and other companies to dodge US taxes in this manner?