Description: People in developing countries worldwide will continue to have access to low-cost copycat versions of drugs for diseases like H.I.V. and cancer, at least for a while.
Date: Apr 01, 2013
Questions for Discussions:
- What is the basis for the decision?
- Do you think this will become a growing financial issue for pharmaceutical companies?
- How might the industry respond if more and more patent decisions go against them?
- What are the ethical and social responsibility implications for this trend?
- What are other formulas for funding research into new drugs?